Responsible for creating draft quality residential plan sets & assisting in the design of residential, new construction homes.
- Draft residential home floor plans, elevations & renderings preferably using Chief Architect software. Previous experience with Chief Architect is preferred but not required.
- Review relevant documents (Sales Estimates, Contacts etc) to define the scope of work for subcontractors. Create Scope of Work documents for each project.
- Build and maintain project folders for each open project. Maintain folders with project managers to document all change orders and client requests.
- Assist in the design process of new projects
- Become familiar with open projects, schedule, documents workflow of our organization
- Use software (Builder Trend) to document project milestones, change orders, schedules etc. Builder Trend experience is a plus.
- Assist in ordering materials for projects, schedule logistics for materials and communicate to the field PM about when materials can be expected
- Communicate regularly with Sales Manager, Project Managers & Field Carpenters about project changes, statuses and outstanding tasks
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Sense of design - knowledge of color palettes, textures, finishes, & how they complement each other
- Ability to listen, engage in conversation, and seek the other person’s point of view.
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Ability to solve problems when they arise, and a desire to do so
- Willingness to do what it takes to accomplish a goal
- Construction or carpentry experience preferred but not required
- Integrity, honesty
- Positive demeanor
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to excellence
- High expectations for yourself & others
- Mechanical inclination - having an understanding of how things go together
- 80% in office / 20% in field (site meetings, showroom visits etc)
- Normal Hours: 7:30 - 4:00 M-F however some flexibility will be required to accommodate client meetings
- Casual (but professional) attire
- Reports to: Sales Manager